Organic Cotton Sanitary Pads - Day
The LUXStore Organic Cotton Sanitary Pads come in a pack of 14 pads.
LUXStore's cotton sanitary pads are made with organic, breathable Gots cotton. Includes wings for a secure fit to underwear. No fragrance, bleach, deodorants.
LUXStore's cotton sanitary pads are hypoallergenic and suitable for sensitive skin. Free from any plastics too!
Our sanitary pads additionally are:
- Biodegradable, on land, in sea water, in fresh water, ergo very eco-friendly
- Super soft and hypoallergenic, so no more itches down below
- Ultra thin and super flexible
- Created with channels, so your flow is evenly distributed throughout the pad, leaving you feeling dry
The cotton sanitary pads we make are further:
- Made from GOTS certified organic cotton, say bye-bye to any chemical contamination
- Made with wings and have great adhesion, so it will move as you move and give you great protection while you stay active
- Guaranteed free from, pesticides, rayon, synthetic polymers, perfumes and other chemicals, so come on and give us a try!
Naturally absorbent, soft and comfortable sanitary pads that will keep you dry all day long!
YOU MIGHT WONDER:
Why there is so much emphasis placed on an organic cotton sanitary pad, when practically everything you have bought previously was also made from cotton, even it wasn't organic.
That's where you would be mistaken. 95% of most mainstream pads you purchase off supermarket shelves is made of plastic (and plastic polymers). In plain speak, you are essentially using single use sanitary pads, which will remain choking the planet for 800 years after you have finished using them.
They are certainly bad for the environment, but what plastic sanitary pads do to your health is even worse.
Research shows that when you use plastic sanitary pads, they adversely impact the amount of oestrogen (a crucial female hormone, produced by our ovaries) in your bloodstream.
Now, brace yourself, but oestrogen either directly controls or supports the following functions in the female body:
- periods, the level of discomfort and bloating during periods,
- skin sensitivities: how plump or limp they feel, acne,
- your sense of wellbeing
- metabolism including but not limited to your size, your digestion, your excretion,
- upto 4 hormones your brain produces to control your fine motor and motor skills.
Oestrogen is kept at a fine balance by two other hormones progestrone and testosterone. Even the slightest imbalance in oestrogen therefore serves to upset the applecart.
Which in the short term translates to tough periods, bloating, acne, heavy bleeds;
in the medium term endometriosis, adenomyosis, infertility issues and
in the long term potentially leading to feminine cancers such as breast or ovarian cancers.
I will make a note here: there is no direct research connecting the use of sanitary pads to cancer or infertility nor will there ever be.
In the same way for over a century there was no direct research establishing a connection between smoking of cigarettes and lung cancer. However with the passage of time it was found that an increasing number of our population started suffering from lung cancers.
In our current times infertility is the third most prevalent illness in the world after cardiovascular disease and cancer. So its very speaking of women's exposure to environmental toxins, such as plastic sanitary pads.